Coordinator - Social Documentation Program
|تاريخ النشر||٩ سبتمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||مصر - Giza|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
Daftar Ahwal Data Research Institute (DADRI) seeks applicants for the position of Program Coordinator for its “Social Documentation" program, to work as part of the Institute’s team.
About the “Social Documentation” Program (SocDoc)
A data research and archival program that provides space for contested narratives and histories of social change and political events in modern Egypt to exist (20th century onwards). It collects alternative knowledge and archives – in contrast to official state narratives produced by governments - based on approaches such as “collective remembering” where knowledge is treated as a contested process rather than a static body of information. The program aggregates records, datasets, visual and textual archives of social, cultural, historical, and legal and political changes that took place and continue to occur in Egypt.
- Ensures the overall strategic management of the program, its smooth functioning, its continuous monitoring and evaluation, and provides constructive feedback to improve future activities.
- Develops and reviews program’s scope, materials and tools, and maintains a filing system for all its projects.
- Tracks project deliverables and provides regular progress reports to the Director of Programs.
- Manages along with DADRI’s Financial Manager the program’s budget, ensuring that expenditures are managed as per agreed budgets and that DADRI and donor financial systems are followed;
- Ensures proper communication and coordination with team members in order to achieve work efficiently as well as close collaboration and coordination with partners on program level.
- Identifies and develops strategic partnerships with partner organisations among others.
- Participates in the selection, recruitment process, and performance assessment for the program’s team (supervises Project Officers, Senior Data Specialists and Data Researchers).
- Contributes to the preparation and submission of reports (narrative, financial...etc.) per program and project.
- A BA in any related fields- including: political science, sociology, and economics- and a master's degree in humanities or social sciences will be preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in research and/or program management field.
- Experience in leading and managing teams; and an ability to coordinate work for different projects at the same time.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in Arabic and English.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office programs and other filing software with different formats.
- Any experience related to data, quantitative analysis, or data visualization is appreciated.
- Decentralized and flexible work environment that encourages learning, innovation, and development.
- DADRI provides logistics and tools required for the job and its responsibilities.
- DADRI provides management training and practical workshops to all its staff.
- Contract offered is full-time after a maximum probation period of 3 months.
- Remuneration is commensurate with education qualifications, experience and training.
For more details, kindly check this link: bit.ly/2kviCfB
Hiring process timeframe:
- 6-14 September, 2019: Application opens.
- 15-17 September, 2019: Screening job applications and preparing a short-list.
- 18-21 September, 2019: Inviting candidates for interviews and notifying the waiting list and unaccepted applicants.
- 21-30 September, 2019: 1st interview (Technical and HR interviews will be conducted with each candidate).
- 1-3 October, 2019: Assessment of interviews and preparing the final list.
- 4-6 October, 2019: Inviting finalists for a final interview.
- 8 October, 2019: Final Interview
- 9-10 October, 2019: Notifying the accepted candidate and all unaccepted applicants.
**Incomplete applications, or any applications will be sent through the Institute's e-mail, will not be considered.
Applicants must complete the application form before Midnight 14th of September,2019 and attach the following:
- An updated CV and motivation letter written in English or Arabic.
- A work sample for a previous project or research.