Technical Inspector (OCN)
Under the supervision of the ESPE Supervisor, performinitial, in-progress and final inspections on various pieces of military,commercial, and other forms of Special Purpose equipment. Makes properclassification determinations as it pertains to US Government property. AssistsShops as needed with Troubleshooting processes. Uses proper TMDE in the dailyoperations phase. Understands the others shop equipment and provides assistanceand coverage whenever needed. Test and Troubleshoot all forms of HVAC Systemsbelonging to the customers.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Perform initial, in-progress, classification and finalinspections
- Operate and inspect equipment todiagnose and troubleshoot defects.
- Use technical manuals, bulletinsand written directives in the performance of all inspections.
- Examine parts for damage or excessivewear using micrometers and gauges.
- Order required repair parts usingappropriate parts manuals.
- Conducts Tests on Equipment thathas been Serviced, Repaired and Overhauled to insure operating efficiencybefore returning to customer.
- Perform ECOD and ACOD inspectionsand verify condition codes.
- Must be capable of giving andreceiving instructions to all of the work force in the Shops.
- Ability to Inspect Check and Testall types of HVAC System being Work Ordered to the Shop
- Performs otherduties as assigned
- Perform testing andcertification of equipment and material during Load Testing Process
- Perform PDQRprocess when receiving improper or damaged repair parts.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
Mechanic'shand tools, shop tools, multi-meter, gauges, jack stands, and other forms ofTMDE. Computers, Printers and other forms of office equipment
Workis generally conducted in a shop environment; however, duties may involve theconduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extremeclimatic conditions. Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping,climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areaswhere a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biologicalagents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required incertain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso,respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA,and Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping,climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areaswhere a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biologicalagents.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
High School Graduate orequivalent. Ability to pass HVAC Certification for 608/609 within 3 months ofassuming the position.
Experience: Minimum of six years continuousexperience performing maintenance services and over haul of Combat
Tactical Engineering and powerGeneration andAncillary Support equipment atthe Mechanic or Inspector level.
- Must possess the technical skills to identify differentrepair requirements as it pertains to Engineer Equipment.
- Must have expert knowledge of Technical and Commercialmanuals for Servicing, Operational and Repair so that the correct proceduresare used on the proper equipment.
- Must be an expert in Corrective Actions performedby the Maintenance Teams and only ensure that his equipment is FMC when clearedby the shops.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, Service andRepair HVAC Systems work ordered by the customers.
- Must have full knowledge of TMDE and its proper usage.
- Must be proficient in how the repair parts systemworks and what to do when it doesn’t work correctly.
- Must be proficient in all phases of the paperworkthat pertains to the Services, maintenance, repairs, classification and etc.
- Must have expert knowledge of the maintenanceprints so as to be able to establish workload priority.
- Must have expert knowledge of Load Test proceduresand processes.
- Must have expert knowledge of equipment operationsas it is critical to working as a master driver for that shop.
Title: Technical Inspector (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001906
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.