ALARM TECHNICIAN LEAD
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Ensures routineand emergency maintenance on thefirealarm systems and periphial equipment, components, and subsystems in the ASG-KUArea of Responsibiilty (AOR) are performed IAW NFPA 72 and UFC3-600-01 .Reviewsthe inspections,testing, and repair of fire alarm control panels, initiiating,indicating, and monitoring devicesEnsures testing, and maintenance on fire suppression systems consistingof wet pipe sprinkler,preactionsprinkler, FM200 clean agent systems, fire pumps, and associated equipment areperformed IAW NFPA 25, NFPA 2001 and UFC 3-601-02.Performs in secure, critical, and sensitivedesigned areas under control of the U.S. Army in accordance with contractrequirements.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides direction in the accomplishment of themaintenance and repair of systems associated with fire detection, suppressionand other equipment that is a component part of the overall fire protectionsystem
- Performs inspection, testing and maintenance offire protection systems IAW UFC 3-601-02 using NFPA 72 and NFPA 25 asguidelines.
- Utilizes test equipment and meters such asvoltmeters, ammeters, telephone test sets, smoke detector sensitivity testers,and wire tracing equipment, and others for locating and diagnosing equipment,distribution, and control system malfunctions.
- Utilizes computer software to program fire alarmcontrol panels and perform load calculations for installed systems
- Utilizes various hand tools, shop tools, andequipment in accomplishing repairs and maintenance of these systems andcomponents.
- Troubleshoots and repairs fire protection circuitsand equipment. Repairs or replaces defective components.
- Requests and maintains accountability for parts,tools, equipment and materials required for work performance and work assignments.
- May be required to conduct both routine andemergency services after normal work periods.
- Performs the majority of work in the sensitive andsecure areas of military installations and facilities in accordance with theestablished security procedures of the U.S. Army and contract requirements
- Responsible for safe operation, cleanliness andoperator maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- Prepares and completes requires work documents.
- Complies with safety/environmental standards andsafe work practices
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for the ASK-KU AOR firealarm/suppression systems
- Provides recommendations to the US Government forthe need for new systems and repairs.
- Performsother duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED:
Tools of the trade, vehicle,special equipment and work materials.Motor vehicle operations required.
Workis generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may involveworking in out-of-doors areas with exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Maywork in areas where a potential exist for exposure to physical, chemical, andbiological agents. Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors witha potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent duststorms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summer months.Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas isrequired.Such PPE includes but is notlimited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protectivedevices.Must comply with all Fire and SafetyInstallation policies.
The work requires physical exertion related to inspections,testing and repairs requiring considerable standing, walking, climbing,bending, crouching, and stretching, reaching or similar movements.Must be physically and mentally capable to performall tasks in temperatures exceeding 100 degrees. There may be a need tolift and carry objects up to 40 lbs.Thework requires some degree of agility and dexterity.
Qualifications have to meet thecritieria as outlined in UFC 3-601-02.Recognized journeyman or craftsman-level qualificaiton for fire alarmsystems.Examples include, but are notlimited to, certification in Fire Alarms (NICET level II,Water Suppression(NICET Level III), and Special Hazards Suppression Systems (NICET Level III),formalized labor organization-based journeyman training, valid currentqualification of license from any state, and factory training. Associatesdegree and two years experience or High School Diploma and six years experiencethat can be documented. Examples include: previous job descriptions, DD214 andMilitary/Cilivian Performance reports, job experience letter on company orcorporate letterhead from previous employers. Must possess a current Statesidedrivers License unless otherwise stipulated
Program Specific Requirements :
Applicant selected will be subjectto a security investigation and must maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Documented six years experience inmaintenance, repair and installation of UL listed fire alarm systems .Must beable to provide and evaluate documents detailing deficiencies and correctiveaction.References and previous employers contact information must be providedfor verification purposes. May be required to formulate project timelines.
Must have the ability to evaluatefire detection/suppression installations to detemine corrective action. Musthave sufficient knowledge of English tounderstand technical instructions and documents and accomplish work from these documents.MIRCOM PRO 2000, VESDA, and Chemetron Suppression Systems factory trainingdesired (or equivalent).Excellentorganization and communications skills, both written and verbal, are required.Must be computer literate in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
Supervisesa section of 11 technicians including required reporting and submission ofinspection reports and required contract documentation.
Job: Protective/Emergency Mgmt Service
Title: ALARM TECHNICIAN LEAD
Requisition ID: KBO001908
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.