A Pastry Chef is responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while planning production and developing seasonal offerings.
What will I be doing?
As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Assist running the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the pastry and bakery offerings
- Bring creativity to the pastry and bakery offerings
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and bakery preparation and presentation
- Plan production to facilitate daily requirements
- Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
Pastry Chefs serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 2 years as Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production in a Luxury Hotel/Restaurant environment
- Approaches pastry and bakery in a creative way
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!