Chef Butcher - Crowne Plaza Muscat
Job Number EMEAA19685
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Europe, Middle East, Asia & Africa - Oman - Al Wusta - Muscat
Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Muscat, a mix of business and leisure on the rocks. Located on a unique clifftop overlooking the Gulf of Oman with a private beach, the hotel is a short distance away from the central business district, the culturally rich Muttrah Souq and the Royal Opera House.
The hotel offers 200 well equipped rooms and suites with contemporary furnishings which, combined with the stunning views of the Gulf of Oman or the City, create a truly relaxing atmosphere.
Crowne Plaza Club guests gain exclusive entry to our Qurum Club Lounge where they can network over complimentary breakfast or canapés and snacks in the evening.
Also, on hand, is a state-of-the-art boardroom available for complimentary use up to 1 hour for all our Club room guests.
Our Cliff Club provides excellent fitness and relaxation packages, designed to keep you refreshed and energized so that you will always get the most out of your stay.
Unwind in one of our six award winning restaurants and bars: choose between Shiraz Persian cuisine or Duke’s Bar traditional English-style pub,The Restaurant for truly International all-day dining, Come Prima for an Italian experience, The Edge cliff top dining venue and the Pool Bar, a lively pool side venue offering snacks.
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors wastage and establishes controls to minimize wastage.
• Selects suppliers and purchases meats to maximize quality and minimize cost.
• Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and support your Line Manager to achieve these targets.
• Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate.
• Has to believe in working together to achieve more hence must be a team player who understands his place in the kitchen brigade.
• Must have a pleasant disposition and must be cordial to his colleagues respecting the diverse culture in the work environment.
• Develops effective relationships with suppliers.
• Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience.
• Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
• Cuts meats to correct portion size.
• Stores meat cuts in a systematic, hygienic method and ensures stock is maintained for freshness and out of date stock appropriately discarded.
• Maintains a hygienic kitchen as per the HACCP guidelines and conducts regular cleaning of fridges.
• Cleans the kitchen and equipment.
• Maintains equipment in good working order.
• Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains stock par levels.
• Maintains high standards of personal hygiene.
• In the absence of your Manager, conduct effective staff briefings to communicate guest requirements and shift priorities.
• Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
• Focus on skill / self development, shows keen interest in training / learning opportunities.
What we need from you
Committed, flexible and highly efficient team player.
What we offer
Report This Job