Hogarth Worldwide is a leading creative production company, producing advertising and marketing content for many of the world’s most famous brands, across all media around the world. Hogarth was founded 10 years ago and has grown from a start-up to over 4,000 people, across 28 cities worldwide and is now part of the WPP family. Our rapid growth continues to drive us forward making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
You have an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging front-end technologies and can work with server-side technical leads to create and integrate complex client-side applications. You will have a clear idea of what ‘good’ looks like, and be able to communicate best practice to your colleagues and fellow project members. You will work with Hogarth and partner organisations to define the optimum technical approach for client projects and ceaselessly promote best practice, quality and craft in your code and the code of those you lead.
Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, understand, advocate, and persuade are essential as you will represent your practice in client and internal senior stakeholder meetings.
You will Provide technical thought leadership and promote the vision, strategy, and services of the digital department to both educate our teams within Hogarth and to be seen as a leading figure in the industry.
Define our distributed development strategy and processes across our onshore, offshore, and remote teams, including identifying and developing key strategic technology partnerships.
You will manage a team of highly skilled developers ranging from Graduate to Senior level, implementing and maintaining development practices, running meetings and workshops that ensure the growth, motivation and continued development of the team, and ultimately take responsibility for the quality of your team’s output.
You will work closely with other discipline leads (QA/PM) to ensure scoping, estimates and requirements are estimated correctly and delivered with minimal errors.
You must be enthusiastic about technology and constantly be looking at the next innovation. On top of possessing strong oral, interpersonal and organizational abilities, you must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
• You will be required to support with training and mentoring of the development team
• Liaise with QA and PM teams to update on progress and drive the development to deliver to the highest standard
• Develop new digital assets as identified by supervisor and management
• Modify existing code to accommodate for a locale – changing image paths, server-side includes (SSI), file names, directories, other elements, and other development tasks
• Ensure all your work is performed according to the brief and minimum requirements for each client
• Develop fast and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
• Produce digital assets in a number of languages
• Update and amend existing assets
• Maintain client digital assets to the best of your ability using clean, accessible mark-up according to the latest web standards
• Help and advise project managers with client’s digital requests
• Keep an eye on the latest trends to help boost development efficiencies
• Awareness of the client’s mobile platform with the ability to build solutions that take advantage of the latest operating system features while remaining performant on the latest devices
• Project and resource planning
• Take technical briefs from the client and brief it on to the rest of the team
• Interview and train new hires
• Share best practices with the other Lead Developers across the other markets
• A minimum of 7 years commercial development experience within an agency
• Experience leading teams of developers and oversight/delivery of successful web projects
• Agile experience and certification
• BA degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience with a grasp on data structures and algorithms
• Fluent in English and Arabic, written and oral, due to the nature of the work
• Experience of creating technical and functional specifications
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Strong Subversion skills (command-line)
• Strong understanding and experience of branch management, continuous integration, and agile approach
• Experience of working ticketing systems such as JIRA and how to break down tasks
• Experience of establishing code standards and best practice within development teams
• Expertise of FE pre-processing (Sass and Browserify)
• Expertise in web languages and standard technologies, including version control systems (SVN and GIT), repositories and build tools (Grunt, Gulp)
• Expert knowledge in developing Node.js APIs,
• Proven AWS DevOps experience,
• Expert knowledge in developing web apps, including building high performance, semantic, and accessible cross-browsers code,
• Experience in new web APIs and technologies, including IndexedDB, Web workers, Web assembly, Web animations, and Canvas API.
• Experience in Objective-C / Swift is a plus.
• Experience in developing RTL websites is a plus,
• Proven experience in publishing and maintaining NPM packages,
• Experience in Python is a plus.
• Experience in developing on macOS is required.
• Good JS debugging skills across multiple devices
• Experience with localization processes
• Responsive development experience
• Experience working with Front-End Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
• Image manipulation software (Photoshop, Fireworks) and able to slice elements out of a PSD
• Accessible and SEO based coding
• Self-starter who is able to hand-code front-end NOT using any WYSIWYG tools like Dreamweaver and keen to learn new technologies
• Clear understanding of Usability
• Proficient in developing to W3C Standards
• Knowledge of the challenges of Email newsletter builds
• Progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
• Experience in working with Bash shell
• Experience with optimization for mobile devices and familiarity with responsive and adaptive methods
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must be able to travel as required, sometimes for several weeks at a time
Heart and Soul: We love what we do. We bring energy and enthusiasm to all our work. We push boundaries, we are never satisfied and always want to find a better way.
Hands on: We don’t wait for things to happen, we get on with it. We are pragmatic and don’t have an ego. We do what it takes to get the job done to the highest standards.
Honest: We are straightforward; we speak openly and clearly. We operate with integrity and live up to our promises.
Happy family: We enjoy working together. We look out for our colleagues. We are an eclectic bunch. We want to work with people from many cultures and demand great things of each other. Even when things get tough, we don’t lose perspective or our sense of humor.