Strategic Planning Support Consultant
|تاريخ النشر||٤ سبتمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||الأردن - Amman|
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Jordan since 2013, delivering Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH), Mental Health, and food security and livelihoods (FSL) programmes—in part by using cash and voucher assistance as the implementation modality—in Irbid, Zarqa, Mafraq, and Madaba Governorates. Since then, the mission has grown annually and expanded in both size and scope of programming. The scope of programming is gradually changing in response to the evolution of the legal framework in Jordan, and Action Against Hunger is now focusing on long-term and sustainable of Syrians and host community members. Therefore, the organisation seeks the assistance of a Strategic Planning Support Consultant to facilitate the formalisation of a well-informed, forward-looking strategy.
Type of contract: Service Contract
Assignment type: Consultancy
Action Against Hunger focal point: Deputy Country Director – Programmes (DCDP)
Duty station: Amman with field visits
Languages required: English, Arabic would be advantageous
Starting date: 22 September 2019
Background and Purpose of the consultancy
Action Against Hunger are looking for a consultant to support with the design of a new country strategy. Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian and development agency working to address immediate and underlying causes and effects of hunger around the world. In Jordan, Action Against Hunger implements water and sanitation programmes in Azraq camp as well as in cities and towns in northern Jordan. In addition, we work to address livelihoods insecurity and social protection amongst Syrians and Jordanian vulnerable households through cash for work and livelihoods programming, and work to strengthen mental health support to vulnerable men, women, boys, and girls in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and local health centres in Irbid.
Purpose of the consultancy
The consultancy is aimed to support the design of a new strategic plan for Action Against Hunger in Jordan. The plan will most likely cover a period of four or five years, and support the country programme in deepening its impact, expanding its reach in Jordan, and supporting adjustment of our strategy in a context of changing needs and a changing funding environment.
The consultant will gather and analyse primary and secondary data to inform decision-making, conduct SWOT exercises in the field offices, and assist in the preparation and facilitation of a decision-making workshop.
PHASE 1: CONDUCT IN-DEPTH CONTEXT ANALYSIS
PHASE 2: COMMUNITY CONSULTATION
PHASE 3: FACILITATE SWOT IN EACH BASE WITH TEAMS
PHASE 4: SUPPORT FACILITATION OF A DECISION MAKING WORKSHOP
PHASE 5: WRITE THE FINAL STRATEGY DOCUMENT
PROFILE OF THE CONSULTANT
The evaluation will be carried out by (an) evaluation consultant(s) with the following profile:
• Experience working with both humanitarian and development agencies, particularly in contexts undergoing transition from emergency response to early recovery / development programming; experience working on or in support of WaSH, FSL, community health, and MHPSS programming would be advantageous
• Demonstrable experience conducting strategy development processes
• Experience with research on humanitarian and development issues and programming (required to provide examples where the consultant was the primary responsible researcher as part of tender submission)
• Good communications skills and experience of workshop facilitation
• Ability to write clear and useful reports (may be required to produce examples of previous work)
• Good knowledge of Jordan context; understanding of Action Against Hunger’s programmatic approach and ways of working is an advantage
• Fluent in English; Arabic is an advantage
• Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work under tight deadlines
For more details on the consultancy scope visit reliefweb and type "ONE CONSULTANCY : FOR STRATEGIC PLANNING SUPPORT - JORDAN" in the search box.
HOW TO APPLY:
The deadline to submit expressions of interest for the evaluation is by close of business on 11/09/2019.
Applicants should submit a complete expression of interest via e-mail to : tender"at"jo-actionagainsthunger.org and indicate: ‘Consultancy for Strategic Planning Support’ in the e-mail’s subject line.
Only applications received through tender email will be reviewed.