About The Role
We are currently hiring an experienced Head of Section - Senior School
for GEMS Our Own English High School Sharjah – Boys (OOB)
. This appointment is for March 2021.Responsibilities:
We are looking to appoint a Head of Section - Senior School to work towards shaping and implementing the educational strategy for the section.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
- Be responsible for student discipline and pastoral care, liaise with Administration, form tutors, parents and subject teachers as necessary.
- Liaise with the Registrar/MMT regarding new student needs, induction procedures, admission testing etc.
- Ensure provision of support classes / activity programme, educational trips, assemblies, Sports day, Prize day.
- Assist with Parent-Teacher meetings, Charity drives, GEMS initiatives, and other major school events.
- Ensure the curriculum reflects the needs of the pupils and the standards and content required by the necessary educational board.
- Work with the Supervisors, HODs and coordinators to ensure continuity & progression in terms of the school curriculum.
- Chair meetings & committees as required.
- Manage budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the HOS/ Deputy HOS.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Spearhead the Student Council.
- Monitoring of Teaching and Learning of Students.
- Monitor preparations and outcomes of Board Exams.
- Undertake student registration for CBSE Affiliation.
- Undertake career guidance for University preparation. SAT, TOEFL to name a few.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Influence and Negotiation
Leading and Developing Others
Delivering ResultsTo be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience:
About Your Benefits
- A minimum experience of 5 years as an Academic Supervisor.
- A minimum of 10 years teaching experience which includes Senior Secondary sections.
- The minimum educational qualification must be a post-graduation degree in subject taught.
- Professional qualification of a B.Ed.
- Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools by external bodies such as the United Arab Emirates School Inspection and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
- Excellent communication skills and proven track records of leadership qualities along with sound knowledge of co-scholastic areas.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package.About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.About The School
Founded on principles and values that are the basis of the GEMS Schools, Our Own English School - Sharjah (Boys Branch) address the curriculum in a manner that is relevant and developmentally appropriate where learning skills, problem solving, communication and critical thinking are of paramount importance. The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. We strive to focus our energies on guiding students to become well rounded academically by maintaining a close eye on their emotional, social and physical needs and are committed to partnering parents in raising the next generation of leaders.
www.gemsourownenglishboys-sharjah.comAbout Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.Similar Jobs